Around-The-Clock Emergency Dental Services
As good as we are, we can’t predict the future and identify all dental issues in advance. Nor can we tackle every dental issue at a later date like we would for root canal treatment or wisdom teeth removal. Some conditions require immediate attention and relief, including toothaches, cracked teeth, and jaw pain, among others.
When any of those dental emergencies occur, you’ll want an experienced dentist that is available around-the-clock. Fortunately, that describes us here at American Dental Care. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in case of a dental emergency for patients in New Britain, Chalfont and Doylestown.
When should I seek emergency dental care?
- Toothache – Contact your dentist the moment you feel discomfort or pain. It could be the sign of a more serious problem.
- Broken, chipped or cracked tooth – Rinse your mouth out with warm water and apply a cold compress to your face. Visit us as soon as possible. If your tooth was broken or chipped, wrap the tooth fragment in wet gauze or a wet towel and bring it with you.
- Loose or dislodged tooth – If your tooth is loose due to physical trauma, contact us right away. If your tooth was completely knocked out, rinse the root, but do not scrub it or remove any attached tissues. Then hold the tooth by the crown using a clean washcloth and gently insert the tooth back in its socket, if possible. If reinsertion is out of the question, hold the tooth under your tongue and visit our location immediately.
- Broken jaw – Apply ice or a cold compress to your face in the meantime. Otherwise, head to your dentist or an emergency center immediately.
- Bitten tongue or lip – Clean the area with a wet cloth and place a cold compress on the injured area to reduce the swelling. If bleeding continues or worsens, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What if I suffer an emergency when your office isn’t open?
If you need emergency dental services after hours, call our office and leave a message, if necessary. One of our dentists will be notified and contact you as soon as possible. We can address various oral emergencies by granting you a prescription that you can pick up at a pharmacy, or we can schedule an appointment for the next morning. If the emergency is dire, and there is excessive bleeding, intense pain, or serious infection, we will refer you to an emergency room that can treat you at that very moment.
In most cases, we will schedule a follow-up appointment to check on your progress or finish the necessary procedures. Our dentist will give you special care instructions to offer you maximum relief. Of course, be sure to schedule annual dental exams as well as bi-annual teeth cleanings to catch and prevent potential issues that may require emergency services.
Dentists You Can Rely on 24/7
At American Dental Care, we know that an emergency can occur at any time of day or night. That’s why we are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call (267) 204-3054 now if you require emergency dental surgery in Doylestown, New Britain, Chalfont or another area nearby.